Vintage Girl Scout Online Museum

Our Ark, Olave House, Pax Lodge


Originally called Our Ark
the second World Center opened in 1939 and stayed opened throughout World War II with the World Bureau  next door. Our Ark went through growing pains and moves during it's history and was renamed Olave House in 1963 in honor of the World Chief Guide, Lady Olave Baden-Powell. In 1990 the World Center, having moved to a new location, was renamed the Pax Lodge.
 
According to their web site, the symbolism of the Pax Lodge recalls the name of Our Ark in the shape of the dove on the water, the olive branch is for peace and the trefoil is for international scope of the center.
 
Our Ark

arkpin.jpg

Our Ark Pin, introduced 1958

 

vintarkpt.jpg

1950 Our Ark Patch

 

arkcharmsm.jpg

Tiny Our Ark Charm

 

Vintage silk

 

Sterling Our Ark spoon

detail of Sterling spoon

Olave House


(Donna K.)


(Donna K.)

Pax Lodge

attpin.jpg

Participation Pin image donated by Talli

 

Pin

 

paxflagpt.jpg

paxsilkw.jpg

paxsilkbl.jpg

Magnet image donated by Talli

 

   

guildheritagepin.jpg

Guide Heritage Center Pin